||01.2015 / 5-6 Monate
||Frau Hielke Vonk
||+31 (0)20 - 205 00 29
||INTERNSHIP : RESEARCH PRODUCTS AND ADVISORY SERVICES
Do you have a background in finance, economics, business or (environmental) sciences? Do you have a keen
interest in sustainability relating to financial markets and would you like to gain experience in the field of
Responsible Investment (RI)? Do you have the capacity to work in, and contribute to, a growing, fast-paced and
entrepreneurial organization that values collaboration and teamwork? Then this internship is perfect for you!
As an intern you will get the opportunity to support either the Research Products Team (RP) or the Advisory
Services Team (AS), in an international setting. The RP Team primarily focusses on conducting Environmental,
Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) research on companies and in turn, producing detailed company reports.
The AS Team provides tailored deliverables for clients, a variety of Sustainability Intelligence services and client
account management. The internship will mostly draw on your analytical and research skills, but also ability to
work in a team, time management skills and attention to detail.
Sustainalytics is the world's largest independent provider of ESG research and supports investors around the world
with the development and implementation of responsible investment strategies. The firm partners with institutional
investors, such as pension plans, asset managers, and banks, who integrate environmental, social and governance
information and assessments into their investment decisions.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, Sustainalytics has offices in Boston, Frankfurt, London, New York City, Paris,
Singapore, Timisoara and Toronto, and representatives in Bogotá, Bucharest, Brussels, and Copenhagen. The firm
has over 160 staff members, including more than 90 analysts with varied multidisciplinary expertise and thorough
understanding of more than 40 industries. In 2012 and 2013, Sustainalytics was voted best independent sustainable
and responsible investment research firm in the Thomson Reuters Extel's IRRI survey.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Temporary (32 - 40 hours per week for 5 - 6 months)
Locations: Amsterdam / Frankfurt
Start date: January 2015
Number of positions: several in both locations
Remuneration: EUR 450 per month per 40-hour work week plus travel allowance
- Support the work of the RP or AS Team committed to responsible investing
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of responsible investing
- Develop knowledge of various industry segments
- Develop knowledge of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) criteria and performance
- Be coached and mentored by experienced team members
- Identify fit for a permanent, long-term position with the company - openings availing
- Research, analyze and rate the ESG performance of publicly traded companies and prepare profiles to be
published in the Sustainalytics Platform
- Support the preparation of off-the-shelf and customized deliverables for clients (i.e. Controversial Weapons
Radar, Global Compact Compliance Service, Product Involvement Research)
- Participate in other client-focused or internal projects for Sustainalytics
- Academic background in related discipline (finance, economics, business or environmental sciences)
- Industry specific knowledge and/or an interest in a specific sector like financials, pharmaceuticals, health care
or energy are valued
- Registered as a student at an educational institution within the EU
- Understanding of and/or strong interest the financial services industry and SRI/RI market
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent business writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Meticulousness and attentiveness to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Fluency in English is required, whereas fluency in Dutch, German or French is considered a strong asset
- Workforce-ready candidates (i.e. those nearing the end of their studies) strongly preferred
Please send the below requested materials to email@example.com. citing '[Name] RP and AS Intern AMS or FRA' in the subject line (please indicate the location you are applying for).
To be eligible for this internship in Amsterdam and Frankfurt, you need to be registered as a student with an EU educational
institution during the internship period.
- A cover letter
- Your resume
- Academic transcripts
- Your answers to the following questions in no more than one page:
1. Please explain the concept of sustainability in your own words
2. Please explain the concept of Responsible Investing in your own words
3. Please provide an example of how you incorporate sustainability into your day-to-day life
4. Name one product or service that the company offers investors that you would be excited to work on,
and explain why
All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion.
Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be
For additional information, feel free to contact Hielke Vonk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)20 - 205 00
Notiz des International Office: Wenn Sie eine Förderung durch das Erasmus Programm in Anspruch nehmen wollen, muss das Angebot in den Niederlanden gewählt werden.