|Beginn/Dauer:||01.09.2017 / 6 Monate|
|Ansprechpartner:||Herr Ming-Kuok LIM|
|Beschreibung:||Interested applicants must apply directly through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) website before the deadline of 24 February 2017:
Detailed Description of the Tasks:
Under the overall supervision of the Director for UNESCO Jakarta Office and in close consultation with the Communication and Information Sector, implement of Major Programme V, MLA 1 and 2, in particular promotion an enabling environment for freedom of expression, press freedom and journalistic safety, facilitating pluralism and participation in media, right to access to information and supporting sustainable and independent media institutions. Specifically:
- Assist in implementation of activities to promote quality and professional journalism, self-regulation of the media, strengthening of access to information, through actions including, but not limited to, capacity building workshops, trainings, and seminars.
- Assist in the implementation of the UN Plan of Action on the safety of Journalists and the Issue of Impunity, including supporting actions to strengthen UN mechanisms, cooperation with Member States, and raising awareness and foster safety initiatives in cooperation with other organizations and institutions, journalists, media owners, policy-makers and state institutions in a gender-sensitive approach.
- Assist in the preparation and organization of UNESCO's flagship awareness-raising activities, namely the World radio Day (13th february), World Press Freedom Day (3 may), International Day for Access to Information (28 September), and International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists (2 November).
- Assist in SISTER's reporting, provide technical backstopping for the successful implementation of extra budgetary projects particularly those related to the issue of safety of journalists including the preparation of monitoring reports.
- Contribute to the resource mobilization by playing an active role in the preparation of fundraising proposals, strategy documents and project implementation reports in Jakarta office.
- Assist in drafting of research papers, speeches, briefing notes, new items related to the above activities.
Training components and learning elements:
- Better understanding of international standards and normative instruments that promote and enabling environment for freedom of expression, press freedom and journalistic safety.
- hand-on experience in managing, coordinating, and executing major event and awareness raising campaigns linked to major International Days.
- There may be opportunities for the intern to participate in project activities and training workshops as well as in external conferences and cooperation meetings.
|Qualifikationen:||- Currently enrolled in or has a completed Master's degree in related fields. Candidates who have completed at least five years of undergraduate studies may be considered.
Subjects: Journalisms, mass communications, international communications, or related fields.
Language skills: Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), knowledge in bahasa Indonesia or another UN language is an asset.
Good computer and It skills and experience in the usage of office software packages.
Internship related experiences: Work experience in communication journalism or human rights, preferably with international experience in emergency and recovery or transitional settings is an asset.
- Good organizational skills and excellent time management
- Ability to meet deadlines and willingness to take additional responsibilities
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility, team spirit and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and be an effective team player
- Sound judgement and excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and political sensitivity to handle delicate interactions with a wide range of partner
- Willingness and ability to undertake missions to the field away from duty stations including to remote and provincial communities.
Candidates are encouraged to highlight their application which of the "Internship related experiences" and "Additional skills/requirements" they meet, and how.