Global Game Jam 2021
The Global Game Jam (GGJ) is an event which takes place all over the world at the same time. Here will gamers become developers and create computer or board games within 5 days.
Together with your team you will build up a concept, create levels and construct the game logic. In the end of this programming-marathon all groups present their games and the best ones will be elected by all participants. But the fun of deliberation, creation and gaming together with your team should still be the focus of the event. Teams can be built beforehand or can be formed at the event plaxe itself. You do not have to be a professional game developer, but it is important that you bring a bit of creativity and, of course, lots of enthusiasm. In the beginning you will get to know the secret topic of this Global Game Jam, which has to be part of your game. This gives you the opportunity to quickly transform your idea in a creative way. Additionally there will be an information about the rules for getting extra points for the game rating in the end.
The GGJ is an exciting, challenging and fun event, which offers enthusiasts as well as professional game developers the opportunity to come together in a very special setting.
Participation is free!
- At globalgamejam.org select "Participate in a jam".
- If you already have an account log in, otherwise connect with Facebook or register using your email and log in afterwards.
- Choose "My Profile" and fill out your real name and additional optional information.
- Choose "My jam site" and select "University of Bremen" as your location.
- If you have problems with the registration it will also be possible to register at the event itself - to do so you have to write an email with your real name to ggj(at)tzi.de beforehand.
- Due to legal reasons all participants have to be at least 18 years old.
What you should take with you
- For computer game development: You should provide your own computer and software. Paper and pens might be helpful in the planning phase.
- For board game development: Gaming materials (dices, chips, tokens, ...) and craft stuff (paper, pens, cardboard, glue, post-its, ...).
- We strongly recommend to install the needed software beforehands.
- Computer games have to be uploaded to the globalgamejam.org website either as a package or a browsergame.
- Board games have to be presented as "print out games" (pdf format) and uploaded to the globalgamejam.org website.
- All games have to include certain characteristics which will be announced in the beginning of the jam, so that every participant has a similar challenge to start off with.
Further Information and Links
Further information can be found at the globalgamejam.org website. Open questions can also be directly sent to the organisation team of the GGJ in Bremen: ggjprotect me ?!tziprotect me ?!.de.
Das Handout beinhaltet alle wichtigen Informartionen inklusive eines Zeitplans: