To apply for a thesis, please first submit an exposé of your proposed research. The exposé is a sketch of the planned work, similar to an architectural design for the construction of a house.
It should be no more than 3 pages long (excluding references and indexes) and should include the following elements:
- Introduction: describe the general phenomenon or topic and why it is important to investigate.
- State of Research: explain what is known about the topic, what has been studied in the literature in this area to date, and why this topic is of interest for study.
- Problem Statement: explain the specific question that will be addressed within the topic.
- Approach/Methodology: briefly describe how you will proceed with your thesis. What methods do you plan to use? Also reference what appropriate theory(s) may help answer your problem.
- Literature: at least 10 references, preferably from high quality journals, according to APA standards.