Application and Admission
Admission & Selection Process
- Bachelor (B.Sc.) degree in biology, ecology, environmental sciences, oceanography or a closely related discipline
- Bachelor degree with an overall grade of at least 2.5 according to the German grading scheme
(Grades from international applicants will be converted to the German grading scheme by the university administration)
- Fluency in English according to level C1 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Letter of motivation explaining why you chose this program and what your research interests are
- Determination of the study profile (Marine Biology or ISATEC)
AFTER applying - upon receipt of your online application - your uploaded documents will be used to check whether your higher education institution/university is accredited and whether your degree entitles you to enroll in the desired Master's programme.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions to your degree.
If you would like to inform yourself in advance, you can visit the following websites
Applicants whose native language is not English or whose last study was not completely taught in English language, are asked to submit a proof of proficiency in English according to level C1.
List of all the tests that are accepted as proof of C1 competence in English.
Please contact masterprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de for further questions to English language certificates.
Getting ready for Bremen
- passport valid for the entire period to be spent in Germany (otherwise you will have to go home in-between to renew it)
- notification of enrollment or admission letter from the University Bremen
- proof of financial resources (secure livelihood)
- visa (not a tourist visa)
- proof of health insurance (if your current health insurance is recognised in Germany!)
You will need the originals and certified translations of the following documents
(ask the German embassy for accepted translaters and certification of copies)
- birth certificate
- secondary school leaving certificate
- possibly your academic qualifications
- language diplomas
and if there is one
- a book of vaccination certificates (Enquire at the German consulates if you need any vaccinations)
- an international driving licence
- Medicines you need
- Some German cash for your arrival
- Recent biometric photographs (e.g. for residence permit or registration as a citizen of Bremen)
- A power plug and possibly a voltage converter for electric appliances (in Germany: 230V/50Hz)
Living & Campus
If enrollment or re-registration is withdrawn before the semester documents have been printed, the entire semester fee can be refunded.
In the case of a return of a study place, a refund can only be made if we have received all semester documents (incl. semester ticket).