Application and admission
Admission & Selection Process
- Bachelor (B.Sc.) degree qualifying for a profession in natural sciences, psychologic or mathematic degree study course, with achievements equivalent to at least 180 credit points
- at least 60 credit points in one or several of the sciences of previous study such as: Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biopsychology, Cell- and Molecular Biology, Cognitive Sciences, Computer Sciences, Genetics, Human Biology, Human Medicine, (Techno-)Mathematics, Methodology, Neuroscience, Neuropsychology, Statistics, Theoretical Physics, Veterinary Medicine, Zoology
- Fluency in English according to level C1 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Letter of motivation explaining why you chose this program and what your research interests are
AFTER applying - upon receipt of your online application - your uploaded documents will be used to check whether your higher education institution/university is accredited and whether your degree entitles you to enroll in the desired Master's program.
Please contact masterprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de for further questions to your degree.
If you would like to inform yourself in advance, you can visit the following websites
Applicants whose native language is not English or whose last study was not completely taught in English language, are asked to submit a proof of proficiency in English according to level C1.
List of all the tests that are accepted as proof of C1 competence in English.
Biophysics- Biopsychology - Neuro- and Cognitive Sciences- Human Biology- Human Medicine- Informatics- Mathematics / Technomathematics / Statistics / Methods- Neuropsychology- Theoretical Physics
Botany, Dental Surgery, Food Science, Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy
Recommended qualifications are: Basic knowledge and lab experience in biology, physics, medicine or psychology as well as high motivation in understanding complex systems.
Getting ready for Bremen
- passport valid for the entire period to be spent in Germany (otherwise you will have to go home in-between to renew it)
- notification of enrollment or admission letter from the University Bremen
- proof of financial resources (secure livelihood)
- visa (not a tourist visa)
- proof of health insurance (if your current health insurance is recognised in Germany!)
You will need the originals and certified translations of the following documents
(ask the German embassy for accepted translaters and certification of copies)
- birth certificate
- secondary school leaving certificate
- possibly your academic qualifications
- language diplomas
and if there is one
- a book of vaccination certificates (Enquire at the German consulates if you need any vaccinations)
- an international driving licence
- Medicines you need
- Some German cash for your arrival
- Recent biometric photographs (e.g. for residence permit or registration as a citizen of Bremen)
- A power plug and possibly a voltage converter for electric appliances (in Germany: 230V/50Hz)
Living & Campus
If enrollment or re-registration is withdrawn before the semester documents have been printed, the entire semester fee can be refunded.
In the case of a return of a study place, a refund can only be made if we have received all semester documents (incl. semester ticket).
Formalities regarding residency
Before classes start
Welcome event for all freshers of the faculty
At the very beginning of your studies in Germany we invite all freshers of our master programs to an official welcome event!
After short introductions into the 5 international master programs and 1 German Master in Chemistry by the program coordinators, we will tell you some important and interesting facts about the faculty's structure, administration and culture. To get into contact with each other, the official part of the event will be followed by speed meeting, different campus tours and a jigsaw puzzle competition. Snacks and drinks will be provided.
At the end of an hopefully inspiring get-together a big world map will show the cultural diversity of our freshers who are part of a big international community in this faculty!