If you wish to get away from your PhD topic (which you definitely should do on a regular basis!), you could
- try learning to cook something new.
- try taking on a new responsibility at work, such as mentoring students
- work on a Do-it-yourself-project, such as painting your kitchen or fixing a broken bike. There are lots of free video tutorials online.
- consider signing up for a course at BYRD!
- try new hobbies that challenge you, such as writing a blog, taking up a new sport or learning to paint
Do not feel you have to learn new qualifications if this does not interest you. It's best to find activities you enjoy and make them a part of your life!