Our Offerings for Postdocs
To support postdocs as well as advanced academics on their way to a professorship or a career in business or civilian society, BYRD organizes a workshop program with a focus on the topics
- academic career development
- careers beyond academia
- personal development
We will be happy to advise you in a personal meeting on questions of orientation after completing your doctorate, on funding and support offers by the University of Bremen and on career paths within and outside the academia.
Feel free to arrange an appointment with Dr. Imke Girßmann:
E-Mail: imke.girssmannprotect me ?!vw.uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
Do you work as a postdoctoral researcher at Bremen University and would like to connect to other researchers in a similar position? Do you have ideas for collective or interdisciplinary projects? We support Postdoc Network Groups und offer funding for your activities. Detailed information
Our coaching pool provides the opportunity to profit from professional consultation for all postdocs who are in their qualification phase and have a temporary contract at the University of Bremen. We cooperate with professionally trained coaches in different areas.
- BYRD workshops and coachings offer support on career paths inside and outside academia
- BYRD Postdoc-Newsletter with updated information on events and calls
- As an employee of the University of Bremen, you can participate in HR development offers for career development.
- The website Academic Career provides more information on tenure track professorships and for the mid-level positions of Senior Researcher / Lecturer.
- Research in Germany: Information, jobs and funding opportunities
- Imagine PhD: a career exploration and planning tool for the humanities and social sciences
- Information on how to acquire third-party funding as well as the persons to contact for advice on submitting applications (e.g. DFG and EU programs)
- Calls and information from the Central Research Development Fund of the University of Bremen
- Information on DSC Seed Grants at the interdisciplinary Data Science Center for the collaboration of working groups from different faculties in the field of data science
- Current calls and funding information in the Research Newsletter of the University of Bremen
- Research Committees at the University of Bremen
- The rules of good scientific practice of the University of Bremen (in German)
- Diversity strategy of the University of Bremen as well as projects and offers
- Information and advice on gender equality and anti-discrimination
- The program "plan m" - mentoring in science offers female doctoral candidates and postdoctoral researchers professional mentoring in career planning on their way to a professorship or a leading position in science.
- The career coaching program "navigare" supports female PhD students and postdocs of certain institutes, graduate colleges and special research areas in matters surrounding career management.
- "Go diverse" - gender- and diversity-competent personnel selection in academia
- Families welcome
- Studying with Disability
- Internal Social Counseling Service