Welcome to the Department for Resilient Energy Systems
Research interests and activities of the Working Group are as follow:
- In the Industrial Ecology, among other works for material flow management - in particular the substance flow analysis of critical metals (with a focus on identifying and avoiding dissipative losses) for hazardous substance prevention or substitution, as well as opportunities and risks of new technologies' (such as nanotechnology and synthetic biology. ) performed.
- In the implementation of life cycle assessments and material flow analysis with the software GaBi and Umberto. Since May 2011, the Department of Umberto Competence Center.
- In the development of sustainability strategies in cooperation with companies, where the main focus is on a better understanding of innovation processes.
- In the climate adaptation. The focus here is the resilient energy supply in the Metropolitan Region Bremen-Oldenburg.
- In the development of methods for technology evaluation, particularly for prospective and in-process technology evaluation. One approach is here, for example the extension of the LCA method to entropy balances.
- In the prospective and preventive-oriented technology design.
The activities of the department therefore include both basic research and application-oriented projects.
On the following pages you will find a list of
- current research projects as well as the already
- completed research projects.