Voluntary additional credits are credits awarded for academic work undertaken at the University of Bremen that are not prescribed in the program curriculum.
Exceptions: Credits earned for graded and non-graded pieces of work in connection with Erasmus programs, individual study schedules, or by freemovers at other universities.
Referring to graded and non-graded pieces of academic work, the General Parts of the Bachelor and Master Examination Regulations state:
- Such work has to be evidenced
- The form that such work takes must be recognizable
- The work must be undertaken at the University of Bremen (exceptions see above)
- CP / ECTS must be certified
- Attendance / participation certificates do not count as such work.
The CPs awarded for voluntary additional credits are listed or accounted for on the Degree Certificate.