Dr. Georg Schwesinger
Dr. Georg Schwesinger has been a Postdoc in the working group "Evolutionary Economics" until October 2018.
- 2015-2018: Associate Member “Centre for Regional and Innovation Economics”, University of Bremen.
- 2014-2018: Assistant Professor at the working group "Evolutionary Economics", University of Bremen.
- 2013: PhD in Economics (summa cum laude).
- 2011-2013: Research Associate: University of Bremen, iino Institute.
- 2009-2011: Research Associate at Max-Planck-Institute of Economics, Jena.
2001-2009: Studies in Biology and (from 2006 onwards) in Physics at University of Heidelberg and University of Würzburg; Diploma in Biology.
- “Evolution of Institutions and Organizations” in Complexity and Evolution: Toward a New Synthesis for Economics. Eds.: Wilson, D. S., A. Kirman, MIT Press, 2016 (together with Thomas Currie, Peter Turchin, Jenna Bednar, Peter J. Richerson, Sven Steinmo, Romain Wacziarg and John J. Wallis).
- "A Corporation’s Culture as an Impetus for Spinoffs and a Driving Force of Industry Evolution", Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Vol. 24, 2014, pp.689-712 (together with C. Cordes and P. Richerson).
- "Technological Diffusion and Preference Learning in the World of Homo sustinens: The Challenges for Politics", Ecological Economics, Vol. 97, 2014, pp. 191-200 (together with C. Cordes).
- "Phylogenetic Footprints in Organizational Behavior", Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Vol. 90, Supplement, 2013, pp. 33-44 (together with Ulrich Witt).
- "How Corporate Cultures Coevolve with the Business Environment: The Case of Firm Growth Crises and Industry Evolution", Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Vol. 76, No. 3, 2010, pp. 465-480 (together with C. Cordes and P. Richerson).