Guidelines to prepare a Master Thesis
The guidelines summarize the procedures to be followed by students planning to write a thesis for their master degree. They discuss prerequisites, administrative and organizational issues as well as time constraints. Moreover, students find guidance about structure and elements generally contained in a Master Thesis.
These guidelines come along with helpful appendices (also available as a docx file from your supervisor):
- Appendix 1: Application for admission to the Master Thesis (in German as "Antrag auf Zulassung zur Masterarbeit" with English translation)
- Appendix 2: Grading scheme for a Master Thesis
- Appendix 3: Layout of the title page
- Appendix 4: Example for a table of contents
Titles of completed Master Theses
- Changes of water sources for precipitation in Europe under a warming climate
- Acoustic facies mapping of Yermak Plateau in the Arctic Ocean
- The influence of climate on the growth of urban trees in Bremen
- Oxygen and carbon isotopes in subfossil tree rings – potential climate proxies?
- Paleoenvironments of Powell Basin, Antarctica since the Penultimate Glacial Period