Work Comes Before Pleasure
After a long day, tank up with music and go home refreshed
Music brings on emotional experiences that in their complexity and intensity supersede words: Even people coming to rehearsals, tired out after a long day at work, go home at the end of the evening refreshed and full of energy.
Examples of programs that were particularly enjoyable
- Music from Latin Amerika "Viva la música"
- Carl Orff: Carmina Burana
- Johannes Brahms: Zigeunerlieder
- Johannes Brahms: 2nd Symphony
- Max Bruch: 3rd Symphony
- Antonín Dvořák: 9th Symphony
- “Queen Klassical” with the MerQury Band
- „Zwischen Chaos und Commerz“. Grotesque music between 1930 and 1935 from Berlin & Leningrad with the cabaret opera “Rufen Sie Herrn Plim“
- Eric Idle/John du Prez: „Not the Messiah. He’s a very naughty boy! A comic oratorio inspired by Monty Python’s Life of Brian“