Voice and Body Coaching
Communicating with Confidence and Accuracy
This course is already fully booked. We're sorry, registration is no longer possible.
Date: 11 + 12 May 2023
Time: 9:00 - 17:00
Trainer: Ric Ocquita, impulsplus
Target group: Doctoral and postdoctoral researchers
Integral to voice and body training is the central idea that physical and vocal dynamics are connected to the speaker’s motivation and to the importance of the information being communicated. The trainer, with professional theatre background, identifies the verbal challenges of each speaker, giving attention to breath, articulation, intonation, volume, modulation and tempo. Coaching is given to improve nonverbal aspects such as gesture, positioning, distance, eye contact and relationship with media. Participants monitor their improvement and implement feedback with active role-play exercises in which they present in various scenarios such as academic presentation to a large and small audience, informal meetings,interviews and teaching situations.
- Intensive exercises to identify vocal and physical inhibitions
- Strengthen and release tension in the voice and body
- Identify the dynamics between the voice and body by connecting the upper and lower hemispheres of the body
- Make conscious vocal choices in the delivery of the presentation to communicate each idea with clarity and precision
- Use eye contact to make points and to underline key ideas with fluid gestures
- Explore a dynamic use of space and how to construct an architecture of ideas in the space
- Adopt strategies to use the potential of the technical equipment and physical objects
- Physical and vocal exercises
- Group coaching with individual support
- Role-play activities
The course is already fully booked. We're sorry, registration is no longer possible.