Bruker D8 Venture Kappa-diffractometer
- TechniquesSingle-crystal X-ray Diffraction
- Fabrication year2011
- Measured quantityUnit cell of single crystals; Orientation of single crystals; X-ray diffraction (XRD) data for single crystal structure analysis
- Main applicationSingle crystal diffraction for crystal structure analysis
- In-situ, real-time compatibleYes
- Technical aspects
Fast 4-circle Kappa-diffractometer with monochromatic Mo K_alppha radiation and 2D detector.
Typically complete difraction data sets may be obtained for crystal structure analysis of single crystals of about 100-400 µm diameter.
Determination of orientation only is also possible for large crystals up to several mm. Extremely small amounts of powder may be subjected to rotation measurements to achieve powder patterns (however, with rather low resolution in reflection widths) - usually use powder XRD for small samples due to better resolution.
- In-situ capabilitiesTypical single crystals may be subjected to non-ambient temperature from -100 to 1000°C.
- Principal investigatorThorsten Gesing
Ella M. Schmidt