Date: Lecture/Tutorial Wed 10:15 - 12:45
Room: The lecture will be online until further notice!
Start: 04 November 2020
Credits: 6 ECTS points - 3 SWS
VAK Number: 01-15-03-CNS(a)-V
Former Title: Communication Networks Systems / Communication Networks Theory
This lecture includes elements of the former CN Systems and CN Theory lectures.
- distributed systems
- ISO reference model for open communication
- transport layer: congestion control, flow control, virtual connections; system example: TCP
- network performance evaluation, example: TCP
- network layer: adressing, graphs, routing (theory and protocols); system example: IP
- data link layer: logical link control, media access control;
system examples: Ethernet, WLAN, TV cable, fiber
- delay-tolerant networks
- network security