Due to the Corona Crisis, the workshop was transformed into an online-seminar and
simulates the traditional physical event as closely as possible. The seminar is streamed via Zoom and contains online and offline parts.
Poster sessions are an integral part of almost every scientific conference. Their purpose is to highlight research results, visualize them, and stimulate discussion. To draw your audience in, you need a crystal-clear message, a text format optimized for best legibility and well-chosen graphics. And above all, you need to think well through how to organize your research content on the huge A0 poster format.
Basic rules of graphic design and layout technique will help you to present your work in a visually well-structured and appealing way. The training provides ample time (in this case offline) to put directly into practice what you have learned and is rounded off by a follow-up to discuss your poster drafts.
October 5, 2020 | 9:00 – 16:00 |
9:00 – 12:00 | ONLINE
• login – welcome – introduction
• communication – structure, main message, target audience, objectives, intended impact
• corporate design and poster templates
• design basics – typography, colour, proportional balance, visualisation and images
• composition and professional layout technique – designing with grid and columns
• how to set up and work with poster templates (in PowerPoint)
13:00 – 15:00 | OFFLINE
Practice time to design or redesign your poster at home/office
15:00 – 16:00 | ONLINE First Feedback – time for questions – tips how to work on
October 9, | 9:00 – 10:00 |
ONLINE Feedback – Follow-Up: Get together to present and evaluate the poster drafts
To profit the most from this workshop, participants are required to bring material (text, images, graphs etc.)
of their current research work or recently designed posters.