Due to ongoing restrictions of Covid 19 the workshop will be offered as a live-online-seminar (via Zoom).
Poster sessions are an integral part of almost every scientific conference. Their purpose is to highlight research results, visualize them, and stimulate discussion. To draw your audience in, you need a crystal-clear message, a text format optimized for the best possible readability and well-chosen graphics.
And above all, you need to think well through how to organize your research content on the required paper or e-poster format.
Basic rules of graphic design and layout technique will help you to present your research visually well organized and compelling. The course will equip you with both the concepts and the practical design skills and provides the possibility to put directly into practice what you have learned as well as to get useful feedback from group and trainer.
Acquire the necessary knowledge to create a compelling poster to effectively communicate your research.
If you come well prepared, you may come away from the training with a finalized poster.
- Visual Communication: main message, target group, objective, intended impact
- Conceptual considerations and content structure
- Design Basics: typography, colour, proportional balance, visualization
- Setting up and working with poster templates
- Professional layout technique – designing with grid and columns
- Handling of Corporate Design Elements
Interactive Lecture, Discussion, Analysis, Feedback, Practical Exercise
To profit the most from this workshop, participants are invited to bring material (text, images, graphs etc.)
of their current research work or recently designed posters, as well as their laptops equipped with PowerPoint.