Support of interdisciplinary scientific workshops
The MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes offers financial support for interdisciplinary scientific workshops in Bremen with a clear connection to the MAPEX research landscape.
All MAPEX members (Principal Investigators and Early Career Investigators) are eligible to apply for the workshop support.
Applications need to be submitted in electronic form to the MAPEX executive committee, represented by its science manager, Dr. Hanna Lührs, no later than three month before the envisaged workshop.
The MAPEX executive committee will decide whether to fund the proposal or not within one month from the proposal receipt.
It is highly recommended to already contact MAPEX in the planning stage of the proposal in order to discuss the availability of funding.
The proposal should include the following information and not exceed two A4 pages:
- scientific aims of the workshop,
- significance of the workshop for the groups involved as well as for MAPEX and the University of Bremen in general,
- description of the connection to the MAPEX research landscape and the interdisciplinary nature of the workshop,
- envisaged number of participants, duration and location of the event,
- amount of funding requested.
Please attach the following documents:
- signed declaration,
- envisaged programme of the workshop including speakers and titles of their presentations,
- detailed draft budget for the entire workshop,
- proof of additional funding for the workshop.
Amount of funding
Workshops can be funded with up to 3000 €. Depending on the availability of funding, it is expected that up to three workshops can be funded per year.
The MAPEX grant can only be spent for the scientific part of the event, e.g. for:
- personnel costs (student assistants, child care),
- rent for the workshop location,
- equipment and exhibition objects,
- travel allowances,
- additional material expenses,
- catering according to the rules (“Bewirtungsrichtlinien”) of the University of Bremen.
It is not possible to fund:
- basic equipment (“Grundausstattung”),
- costs for the publication of workshop or conference proceedings,
- costs for a social programme.
The following conditions apply:
- Funding through MAPEX has to be recognized and acknowledged conveniently (e.g. use of MAPEX logo in printed and online programme).
- After the workshop a short report including images for the MAPEX website is expected.
- The funds approved are to be used exclusively for the purpose stated in the proposal and/or the award letter.
- No later than two month after the workshop a detailed settlement of the used funds as well as a short report (max. 2 pages) have to be submitted, including the programme of the workshop and a list of participants.
For questions and the submission of proposals please contact:
Dr. Hanna Lührs
Email: mapexprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
Telefon: +49 421 218 64580