MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes
The goal of MAPEX is the system-oriented research and development of materials and processes for sustainable transport and energy applications. Our research encompasses the fields of natural and engineering sciences as well as mathematics, aiming at a thorough understanding of the process-properties-performance relationships in materials.
MAPEX merges the know-how more than 1000 scientific and technical staff, 480 of which are doctoral candidates. Its 58 Principal Investigators, 3 Associate Investigators, and 26 Early Career Investigators are affiliated to five different university faculties and four external research institutes on the university campus.
Established in 2014 as the governance form of the high-profile area Materials Science and Production Engineering MAPEX has the aim to:
- establish and maintain a network of competencies in the fields of materials science, materials technology, and materials processing;
- increase the visibility of the MAPEX Research Landscape;
- apply for and participate in third-party funding programmes;
- promote cooperative research activities of early career researchers;
- support an interdisciplinary doctoral education;
- cooperatively acquire and share scientific equipment,
- offer our scientists a diverse and family-friendly environment with equal opportunity, quality assurance, and data handling policies at the highest international standards.