2021 - KoMSO Academy
The Center for Industrial Mathematics (ZeTeM) and the Committee for Mathematical Modeling, Simulation, and Optimization (KoMSO) are happy to host the first KoMSO Academy: Combining model- and data-based approaches for industrial problems in 2021.
The KoMSO Academy combines a Challenge Workshop with well-known speakers from industry and academia and a Training course with hands-on session. The focus of the Challenge Workshop will be on energy and mobility.
The organization of the KoMSO Academy is dependent on the pandemic situation. We will held a hybrid event with limited on-site access and online participation.Please note that the 3G rule currently applies to all events in Bremen.
On-site registration is closed!
Training and hands-on session
The hands on sessions will be given by Dr. Daniel Otero Baguer. All sessions will use Python as programming language and the PyTorch framework.
- Introduction to training neural networks with PyTorch
- Model-based classic approaches, e.g., ISTA.
- Introduction to data-based methods, e.g., LISTA
- Neural Networks for trivial ill-posed inverse problems and fully data-based methods
- Combining model and data based methods: learned post-processing and learned gradient descent
- Deep Image Prior and mathematical aspects
- Applications on Computed Tomography (CT)
- Some experience programming in Python (if not you can still follow the sessions but it will be much harder).
- Google Chrome web browser installed.
- A google account, we are going to use Google Colab: https://colab.research.google.com/
Challenge Workshops are adressing novel business and technology trends at an early stage of development. They bring together leading experts from industry and academia for a discussion of the present state of the art, potentials and risks as well as future developments. They are open to short contributions by the participants aiming for feedback for their specific problems. The results of the workshops are summarized in a white paper aiming to support policymakers, researchers, entrepreneurs and the public to debate and shape the future of research and innovation in the respective field.
This workshop will focus on the combination of model- and data-based approaches for industrial problems in the field of mobility and energy.
Ralph Grothmann, Siemens AG, Bremen
Julian Bergmann, Chris Michel Peters, EWE AG DataLab, Oldenburg
Björn Weißhaupt, Deutsche Bahn AG, Frankfurt
Ralf Korn, TU Kaiserslautern
Wil Schilders, Eindhoven University of Technology
Hanno Gottschalk, University of Wuppertal
- Dateiname: Agenda_Training.pdfÄnderungsdatum: 07.09.2021
- Dateiname: Flyer_KoMSOAcademy_Training.pdfÄnderungsdatum: 28.05.2021
Organizers & Registration
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Peter Maaß, Universiy of Bremen
Dr. Daniel Otero Baguer, University of Bremen
Dr. Lena Hauberg-Lotte, University of Bremen
Dr. Johannes Herold, University of Heidelberg, KoMSO
Date: September 14-16, 2021
Place: Bremen or virtual
Registration fee for industry: Training and hands-on session 500 €/ Workshop 300 €
Registration fee for academia: 150 €