Data protection declaration (Registration Doctoral Programme)
Registration for the doctoral qualification programme in the MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes, University of Bremen/ Information on data protection, according to Article 13 GDPR (DS-GVO in German)
We hereby inform you of the processing of your personal data by the University of Bremen.
The University of Bremen collects and processes personal data in order for various offers and services to be provided. The university is a corporation under public law and is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Bremen Implementation Act.
1. Person responsible for data processing and contact details:
University of Bremen
MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes
28359 Bremen, Germany
Phone: +49 421 - 218 64580
Email: mapexprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
Name and address of the data protection officer:
University of Bremen
Petra Banik Bibliothekstrasse 1-3
29359 Bremen, Germany
Phone: +49 421 - 218 60211
Fax: +49 421 - 218 60210
2. Purpose of data processing
Your data will only be used for registration for the MAPEX doctoral qualification programme and distribution of information by the MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes.
3. Legal basis of data processing
The legal basis is your consent according to Article 6, Paragraph 1 a) GDPR.
4. Obligation of provision
You are not obliged to provide data, however, participation in events is only possible if you provide us with the required contact details. Alongside your name, these details include:
- for queries – your email address
- for the preparation of a certificate of participation: your date of birth
- Information on when you optained the university degree that entitles you to do a doctorate.
- Information on acceptance as a doctoral candidate by your faculty.
- main supervisor
5. Right to withdraw consent
The consent given for reception of information and processing of collected data as per Article 6, Paragraph 1 a) GDPR, can be withdrawn at any time for future effect. Should this be the case, the data will no longer be processed and will be erased if no legal storage period regulations prevent this. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
6. Storage period
We will process your data until you inform us of your decision to cancel the subscription (informal notification sent to mapexprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.deor via the online form). After receipt of your cancellation, your saved data will be immediately erased if no legal storage period regulations prevent this.
7. Personal data processed to register for events
- first name (obligatory)
- last name (obligatory)
- your email address (obligatory)
- date of birth (obligatory)
- Affiliation (obligatory)
- Information on when you optained the university degree that entitles you to do a doctorate (obligatory)
- Information on acceptance as a doctoral candidate by your faculty (obligatory)
- main supervisor (obligatory)
- membership in a structured doctoral programme (optional)
- upload of confirmattion of supervisor (optional)
8. Recipient of personal data
MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes (see address above) receives the data communicated via the online form and processes it as follows:
MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes incorporates your contact details into an internal administrative unit mailing list in order to initiate the postage of printed and digital media to you.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data (in accordance with Articles 15 to 21 GDPR):
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability / Right to receipt of a copy
Additionally, you also have the right to object to data processing at any time. We will then no longer process your data unless there are direct legitimate grounds for processing or processing serves the purpose of enforcement, exertion or defense of legal claims.
10. Lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority
According to Article 77 of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority when you consider the processing of your personal data as infringing this regulation. The name and address of the supervisory authority responsible for this are:
Die Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Arndtstraße 1
Phone: +49 421 3612010 or +49 471 5962010
Fax: +49 421 49618495