25. Octobre 2018
MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes
The goal of MAPEX is the system-oriented research and development of materials and processes for sustainable transport and energy applications. Our research encompasses the fields of natural and engineering sciences as well as mathematics, aiming at a thorough understanding of the process-properties-performance relationships in materials.
MAPEX merges the know-how of 1200 scientific and technical staff, 460 of which are doctoral candidates. Its 58 Principal Investigators and 29 Early Career Investigators are affiliated to five different university faculties and four external research institutes on the university campus.
Established in 2014 as the governance form of the high-profile area Materials Science and Production Engineering MAPEX has the aim to:
- establish and maintain a network of competencies in the fields of materials science, materials technology, and materials processing;
- increase the visibility of the MAPEX Research Landscape;
- apply for and participate in third-party funding programmes;
- promote cooperative research activities of early career researchers;
- support an interdisciplinary doctoral education;
- cooperatively acquire and share scientific equipment,
- offer our scientists a diverse and family-friendly environment with equal opportunity, quality assurance, and data handling policies at the highest international standards.
ProMat: Apply now for the summer semester 2019
The application period for the summer semester 2019 for the master´s programme Process-oriented material research ends on 15th of January 2019!
Students are encouraged to contact the ProMat-coordination team as we will provide you with support before and during the application process.
+49 421 218 64585
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Lucio Colombi Ciacchi
colombiprotect me ?!hmi.uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
+49 421 218 64570
Dr. sc. Iva Bačić
bacicprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
+49 421 218 64585
Dr. Hanna Lührs
mapexprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de