What is an e-mail alias?
If you want to use a different e-mail address than the one with your user name, you can set an e-mail alias. Once approved, you can then also receive e-mails at this new alias address.
When setting up e-mail aliases, please note the following:
- For personal accounts, an alias will be rejected if the desired alias does not match account owner’s name in some form. If your name has changed due to marriage, change of name, etc., please let us know by submitting the appropriate documentation.
- The alias name cannot be used to log in to any of the University of Bremen’s webpages or other services.
- You can delete this alias at any time via the Onlinetools.
- Students can only have one additional e-mail alias. All other account holders can have up to two additional e-mail aliases.
How do I set up an e-mail alias?
- With your user credentials log in to ‘onlinetools.uni-bremen.de’.
- Under "Uni-Suche" click "E-Mail-Aliasnamen beantragen".
- There you can submit your desired alias.