Learn a language in tandem
Are you interested in improving your language skills by working with a partner in a friendly and informal atmosphere? If you are, then a language tandem could be just what you are looking for.
A language tandem is an exchange where two people meet regularly as equal partners so that each can improve their language skills. The meetings can take place in a café, on campus or also online, of course! Tandems are arranged so that the native language of one partner is the target language of the other.
To take part, you need to be prepared to meet up with your partner to practise and use the language, and to invest a reasonable amount of time in your tandem.
Advantages of learning a language in tandem:
- flexible and individual way to learn
- even possible with a starting level of A1.2
- both tandem partners benefit from the mutual exchanges - about any topic whatsoever: you will have fun no matter what you do!
- you can enhance your intercultural skills by gaining first-hand knowledge
- an ideal 'add-on' to a language course or our tutoring programme
- ... also works well as a stand-alone without a formal language course