Language certificates English B 2 and C 1 for admission to studies

Bild Lupe

Here you will find information:

about the recognized certificates for the admission to studies (Bachelor and Master)
at the universities in the state of Breme

about the criteria for the recognition of other achievements as B2 or C1 proof of English


Preparation for the acquisition of language certificates:

Test your language level to prepare and contact us for advise
(please use the dialang test)


CertificatesCriteria for B2 certificateCriteria for C1 certificate 
UNIcertUNIcert IIUNIcert III 
TOEFL Test (internet based)72 - 94 points95 points, or more 
Pearson PTE Academic online or computer-based version
(result available in 48 hours)
59 points, or more76 points, or more 

IELTS (Academic) Test

The scores are for guidance only. The language level stated on the certificate is binding

Band 5.5 - 6.5Band 7.0 - 8.0 
Cambridge First CertificateMinimum: Grade C --- 
Cambridge Advanced Certificate ----Minimum: Grade C 
Cambridge Business VantageMinimum: Grade C--- 
Cambridge Business Higher---Minimum: Grade C 
Trinity College London ISE II

You must have passed both modules

Trinity College London ISE III----

You must have passed both modules


ALL 4 sections!

Listening/Reading: 785

Speaking: 160

Writing: 150

ALL 4 sections!


Speaking: 180

Writing: 180



(London Chamber of Commerce and Industry)

Level 3---- 
KMK-FremdsprachenzertifikatKMK B2KMK C1 


Further proofs - the recognition is usually carried out directly by the enrollment and examination office

Other achievementsCriteria for B2 certificateCriteria for C1 certificateValidity
Abitur in Germany

If your certificate  expressly states you achieved level B2, and this level is based on a KMK directive*

*in the case of retroactive directives, a corresponding certificate issued subsequently by the school principal in respect of the regulation which applies in relation to the language level.

Bilingual Abitur German/EnglishPass----unlimited
US High School Diploma----Grades between A – C,
GPA of at least 2.0
International Baccalaureate Diploma (in English)----passunlimited
Certified “Fremdsprachenkorrespondent*in”Certificate----unlimited
High-school year in an  English-speaking countryTranscript of Records of the high school with grades between A-C  in the core subjects----unlimited
Hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree taught entirely in EnglishCertificate and Transcript of RecordsCertificate and Transcript of Recordsunlimited
Completed English studies major subjectCertificate and Transcript of Records unlimited


Updated by: SZHB