Hochschule für Künste Bremen

The Hochschule für Künste Bremen (HfK), or University of the Arts Bremen as it is known in English, is keen to help its students enhance their language skills. International students have the opportunity to improve their German by taking courses offered by the Language Centre (SZHB). Students may also take courses offered by the SZHB to acquire or improve the language skills they need to study or undertake an internship abroad. Subject to funding being available, the HfK may pay for SZHB language courses taken by students whose command of German is below a certain level, or who have already been accepted to study at a university abroad or do an internship abroad, or have already successfully completed their time abroad.

The International Office can help in various ways: it supports outgoing students and teaching staff as they are planning their stay abroad, and provides advice and assistance to incomings.

At the HfK we offer

  • language courses for individual faculties
  • language courses for the General Studies component
  • advice on learning a language and finding the right course/ placement tests
  • language certificates and tests
  • support with your independent language learning
    • use of the Language Resource Centres at our partner universities
    • language cafés at our partner universities
    • help with finding a tandem partner

Homepage of the HfK

Bild HfK
Updated by: SZHB