Skip to content

Second Degree

Documents lie on a table besides a cup of coffee.

Applicants who have completed a university degree and wish to pursue a new undergraduate degree (Bachelor or First Law Examination) are referred to as “second degree applicants”. If you change your degree program – or university – without having completed your previous studies, this is called a change of subject or place / university. If you study two degree programs in parallel, this is called a double degree course.

At the University of Bremen, second-degree applicants with a university degree are treated in the same way as applications for a first degree. For subjects with restricted admission, the grade of the first degree course is on request included in the award procedure, provided that it is better than the overall average grade awarded for your Abitur. For applications to the University of Bremen, there are no special quotas or procedures for holders of a first university degree.


For the time there will be no more personal consultation hours. You can reach us by mail and telephone.

Do you have any questions? Our FAQs will help you.

Student Office
VWG, ground floor

Office hours: Mon, Tue, Thu 9-12 a.m., Wed 2-4 p.m.
Contact us
+49 (0)421 218-61110