Application for EU-citizens

A deserted university boulevard.

"Bildungsinländer:innen" are ...

  • Citizens of the EU
  • non-EU citizens with a German higher education entrance qualification (eg. Abitur awarded by a German school abroad)
  • Citizens of the EEA states Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, Great Britain and Switzerland are treated as EU citizens.

The application process differs depending on whether you want to apply for an undergraduate program (Bachelor & Law) or a graduate program (Master).



Student Office
Do you have any questions? Our FAQ (in German) will help you.

Student Office
VWG Building, Ground floor

Personal office hours:
Mon, Thu 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

For information by telephone, please contact the Information Office Study
Mon, Tue, Thu 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., Fri 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
and the
staff members
Mon, Wed, Thu 10-12 and Tue 13-15
are at your disposal

► contact us

+49 (0)421 218-61110

Application for undergraduate studies

For almost all undergraduate degree programs (Bachelor's degree and Law), proof that your German language skills are at the C1 level is required for enrollment. There are only a few degree programs for which a lesser knowledge of German is sufficient for enrollment.

For the German-language undergraduate degree programs, "Bildungsinländer:innen" with sufficient German language skills are equal to the German applicants and apply directly to the University of Bremen in the same way as German applicants. For the English-language undergraduate degree programs, proof of knowledge of the English language as well as the German language must be submitted.

In the online application, "Bildungsinländer:innen" must upload the following documents:

  • University entrance qualification (school leaving certificate, entrance examination [if applicable], study credits and [if applicable] evidence of any degree awarded abroad (in German or English translation)
  • Proof of sufficient knowledge of German language

If German language skills at the C1 level cannot be proven, enrollment in the German-language degree program is not possible. The Preparatory Studies Programcan be used to learn the German language.

If you are admitted to study, please send the copies of these documents by post to the

Office for Students
University of Bremen
PO Box 330 440
28334 Bremen

Please note the application deadlines. If necessary, additional documents must be submitted for enrollment (eg course-specific prerequisites). This will be communicated in the admission letter.

Application for Master's Programs

For Master's programs, the application for international students always takes place directly at the University of Bremen. Information on deadlines, requirements and the application procedure can be found on the Master's application pages.