The "Russia in Practice" program launched by the DAAD in 2012 enables German students and postgraduate students to undertake internships in companies in the Russian Federation. The program promotes German students and graduates who want to participate in the increasing dynamics of German-Russian scientific and economic relations. Companies in Russia provide internships and thus have the opportunity to recruit young professionals with fresh, innovative ideas for their future fields of work.
Who is eligible for funding?
To apply for an internship, you should
- be enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree program at a German university or have not completed your master's degree program more than 6 months before applying, and
- be a German citizen (subject to certain conditions, German equivalent persons (Deutsche gleichgestellte Personen) may also be sponsored in accordance with Section 8 (1) (2), (2) and (3) BAFöG))
What is funded?
A stay of 6 months in Russia with the following program:
- Introductory seminar at the Moscow Higher School of Economics (HSE)
- Closing seminar HSE
How much is the funding amount?
The scholarship consists of
- a monthly scholarship of 900 euro for students and graduates
- a travel allowance of 275 euro
- assistance in obtaining health, accident and liability insurance.
- scholarship-accompanying Russian language courses
- Russian language level depends on the requirements of the hosting company. Some companies require good, at least medium Russian language skills, others require no language skills at all. On application, the DAAD sponsors a Russian language course, which accompanies the scholarship.
- Some companies require very good English skills.
Where and when can I apply?
The application for the scholarship takes place in two steps:
Are you interested in an internship in Russia? Then register between April and June (the exact dates can be found on the Go-East website) in the DAAD portal. You will receive information on accessing the database via email.
The online database of internships is available from April. You can apply for up to three internships. The application is submitted online. Please upload the required application documents to our homepage. The application deadline is in June. Until then, all documents must be online. You will be notified by the end of July if your application was successful.
Please submit the following documents online:
- A completed application form
- A cover letter (letter of motivation) to the companies
- Curriculum vitae
- Bachelor’s or Master’s certificate (if available)
- A transcript of records from your university
- A letter of recommendation / opinion from a professor in your area of expertise
- A reference/certificate of employment from a former employer (if available)
- Please do not send documents by surface post to the DAAD or the companies!
- Only fully submitted documents can be considered and released to the companies.
- Some companies contact applicants to discuss any questions they may have.
- Please apply for a passport in good time.
Information and advice
Further information and advice on applications can be obtained from the International Office of the University of Bremen. (Consultation by appointment)