Skip to main content

Completion of studies

There are several ways to end your studies at the University of Bremen.

Owing either to passed or definitively failed exams:

We receive notification from your examination office about passed or definitively failed exams. You will then be de-registered by the Student Office at the end of the semester (31.03./30.09.) in which the Student Office receives the notification from the examination office. A corresponding certificate or notice of being de-registered as well as a document for presentation to the statutory pension insurance can be accessed via the moin-portal.

If you urgently need the de-registration certificate, you should apply for de-registration yourself.


At your own request:

You apply for de-registration, indicating when you wish to be struck off the student register (retroactively not possible), and receive your de-registration document and a certificate for the purposes of the statutory pension insurance from the Student Office. You can retrieve these certificates via the moin portal.

Please note that an application for de-registration may have effects on your health insurance or the payments of child benefits, BAföG etc.


Forced de-registration due to failure to re-enroll:

You do not re-enroll on time (deadlines: February 15./ August 15). You receive a reminder and ignore it. Your de-registration follows and you will receive a certificate of de-registration and a certificate for the pension insurance, which will be made available to you via the moin-portal.




Student Office
Do you have any questions? Our FAQ will help you.

VWG Building, Ground  floor
Office hours:
Mon, Tue, Thu 9 am - 12 pm
Wed 2 pm - 4 pm
+49 (0)421 218-61110

contact us


The application for deregistration and the application for refund can be found in the moin-portal ("Student Administration").