Teaching at elementary schools
To teach at elementary schools, you have to study three subjects in the consecutive Bachelor / Master structure:
- Bachelor of “Educational Sciences of Primary and Pre-primary Education”
6 semesters, 180 CP, standard period of study 3 years
- Master of Education Elementary School (from winter semester 2014/15)
4 semesters, 120 CP, standard period of study 2 years
For any questions:
- regarding your studies in general: Central Student Advisory Service
- regarding the change of university and M.Ed.: Studienzentrum Lehramt
- regarding school internships: Praxisbüro Lehramt
- regarding the teaching subjects: Studienzentren der Fächer
You study two majors and one minor subject.
German and elementary mathematics are compulsory. You are free to choose the third subject. Which of the subjects you choose as a minor is up to you.
- English / English-Speaking Cultures
- Art Media Aesthetic Education
- Music Education
- Religious Studies / Religious Education
- Interdisciplinary Social Studies (Sachbildung / Sachunterricht)
It is not possible to completely avoid overlapping when studying three courses at the same time. However, the University of Bremen strives to provide a largely non-overlapping course offer.
Double qualification or academic specialty
Doppelqualifikation mit Lehramt Inklusive Pädagogik/Sonderpädagogik
The three-subject bachelor's program "BiPEb" plus the Master of Education for elementary schools always qualifies for the professional goal of teaching at elementary schools.
You can then complete the traineeship in-school traineeship, either with the aim of teaching at elementary schools or with the goal if you take "Inclusive Education" as one of your three majors of teaching in inclusive education / special-needs (Include pedagogy / special education ) education.
Academic specialty in elementary education
If you wish, you can focus on elementary education (website only in German) in the Bachelor's degree. This is only possible with the following combination of subjects:
Sachunterricht (major), combined with German and elementary mathematics
In addition to qualifying for the Master of Education elementary school, you also have the option of transitioning into occupational fields in pre-school education or master's programs in the field of early childhood education.
Links and Downloads for ...
... program subjects and Educational Sciences
- Examination Regulations in the Database Study the respective subject under "Formalities and Regulations" or
- at the Central Examination Office under Bachelor "Educational Sciences of the Primary and Pre-primary Education"
- Course of study and module descriptions for EW also on the homepage of the faculty 12 (in German)
... teaching elementary school
- Info-Brochure "Lehramt Grundschule" (in German) [PDF] (290 KB)
- Project " Men in elementary school "
... teaching in general
- Guidance: " Becoming a teacher? "
- Center for Teacher Education www.uni-bremen.de/zfl
Apply for a study place
- Information and application for application at the University of Bremen www.uni-bremen.de/studienplatz
- Registration at university start www.hochschulstart.de
... expiring study structure
- For students of the University of Bremen, who have started their bachelor studies before the winter semester 2011/12 and are studying according to an expiring examination regulations, a different study structure applies !