Skip to content

Completion of studies

There are several ways to end your studies at the University of Bremen.

Owing either to passed or definitively failed exams:

We receive notification from your examination office about passed or definitively failed exams. You will then be deregistered by the Office for Student Affairs at the end of the semester (31.03./30.09.) in which you passed or failed exams and sent a corresponding certificate or notice of being deregistered as well as a document for presentation to the statutory pension insurance. If you urgently need the deregistration certificate, you should apply for deregistration yourself.


At your own request:

You apply for deregistration, indicating when you wish to be struck off the student register (retroactively not possible), and receive your deregistration document and a certificate for the purposes of the statutory pension insurance from the Office for Student Affairs.

Please note that an application for deregistration may have effects on your health insurance or the payments of child benefits, BAföG etc.


Forced deregistration due to failure to re-enroll:

You do not re-enroll on time (deadlines: February 2/ August 15). You receive a reminder and ignore it. Your deregistration follows and you will receive a certificate of deregistration and a certificate for the pension insurance.

The application for deregistration can be downloaded here.

In the case of applying for a refund, please complete the application for repayment of student contributions.


Office for Student Affairs
VWG Building
Office hours: Mon, Tue, Thu 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Wed 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
+49 (0)421 218-61110
sfsprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de (in German)