Details Job vacancies
1 x 1,0 Research Associate (f/m/d) (PostDoc)
The faculty of Human and Health Sciences (Faculty 11) at the University of Bremen invites applications for a position at the newly founded Department of Psychology within the research group “Research Methods and Cognitive Psychology”:
Research Associate (f/m/d) (PostDoc) – salary 13 TV-L (100%)
The position is for a fixed term of 3 years, starting on 1st of April, 2020, and will be filled – under the condition of job release- subject to regulatory approval.
The employment is regulated by the Academic Fixed-Term Contract Act, §2 (1) (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). Therefore, candidates may only be considered for appointment if they still have the respective qualification periods available in accordance with § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
The reseach of the group ”Research Methods and Cognitive Psychology” focuses on cognitive functions of humans, in particular on action control, multitasking, memory, and language processing. In addition, methodological issues are investigated. The methodology involves behavioral experiments, including measurement of continous movements, and computational modelling. Other techniques will be available at the department of psychology. The successful candidates can develop their own profiles together with the head of the group.
- Participation in scientific projects of the research group.
- Teaching of 4 SWS (4 hours per term). Teaching duties are in the field of psychological research methods.
- Preparation of third-party funding applications, alone and/or in collaboration with the head of the group.
- Finished PhD in psychology or a related topic (e.g., cognitive science, experimental linguistics, but also fields like applied statistics)
- Interest in fundamental cognitive psychological research and/or methodological research and computational modelling
- Excellent methodological knowledge and experience with statistical software and proramming languages (preferably R, Matlab, C++; other software possible).
- Excellent proficiency in English (proficiency in German is helpful with respect to teaching duties); experience in publishing research in international journals; willingness to participate in conferences
As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in academia, women are particularly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, disabled persons will be given priority. International applications as well as applications of academics with a migration background are explicitly welcome.
Application and important dates
In case you have any questions, please do not hesitate contacting Prof. Dr. Markus Janczyk (janczykprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de). See also www.uni-bremen.de/forschungsmethoden-und-kognitive-psychologie/ for an overview of current research topics and projects that will be continued at the University of Bremen.
Applications with the usual information (including a brief statement regarding duties, requirements, and interests) should be submitted (mentioning the position number A324/19 until 6 December 2019 to:
Prof. Dr. Markus Janczyk
Hochschulring 18 (Cognium)
or via Email to: Prof. Dr. Markus Janczyk, janczykprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de (as one single pdf).
Costs related to applications cannot be refunded.
Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a rolling base until the position is filled.
Created on 14.11.19 by Alexandra Gutherz