Freemover – Visiting Students at the University of Bremen

Self-organized Stays

You are welcome to join the University of Bremen as visiting student (Free Mover) for one or two semesters. Prior to your studies you will need to take care of a few formalities, for example, apply for a student visa if you are not an EU citizen.

The application has to be submitted via the MOIN portal.

Create an account and then place the application. A complete application needs the following documents:

  • Enrollment certificate issued by your home university. The proof must be valid for the time you want to study at the University of Bremen.
  • Confirmation from the faculty of the University of Bremen stating you will be accepted as visiting student. You can contact the matching faculty at the Study Center. You should send a short letter of motivation and your transcript of studies.
  • Certification of German or English language competence (at least level B2) in the language of instruction. In case the faculty accepts that you study in English within a German taught study course the proof of English is sufficient (same applies vice versa).
  • Health insurance certificate (Can be handed in after acceptance, before enrollment.)

If you need a student visa, please bear in mind that German Missions need several months for the process. We recommend that you apply as early as possible.

Information about visa and formalities


Do you have any questions?
Bachelor- FAQs

Student Office
VWG Building, Ground floor

Personal office hours:
Mon, Thu 10 am - 12 pm

For information by telephone, please contact the Information Office Study
Mon, Tue, Thu 9am - 3pm, Fri 9 m - 12pm
and the staff members:
Mon, Wed, Thu 10-12 and Tue 13-15

► contact us

+49 (0)421 218-61002


International Office

Jens Kemper
Phone: +49421 218 60365
intstudentsprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de