Santander IE-Digital DNA
Santander IE-Digital DNA
The importance of digitization is clearly noticeable in all areas and across industries. Commercial enterprises in particular are strongly affected by digitization. Banco Santander, together with the universities IE (Madrid) and MIT (Boston), has developed two programmes to train students in "digital skills" and to prepare them for the new professional scenarios.
Under the first programme "Santander IE-Digital DNA", 100 students can participate in two HIOPs (High Impact Online Programme). The courses will be taught in English and Spanish (50 students each) by lecturers from the IE School of Human Sciences and Technology, a faculty of IE University.
The first course, "New Technologies for Innovation", was devised to gain insight into the impact of digital disruption on businesses, and how companies are creating competitive edge by using these technologies.
The second course, "Data Science and Visualisation for Business", will give students a grounding in data science and practical experience in information and visualisation of data to help them make the best possible business decisions on a daily basis.
The modules take place exclusively online over a period of five weeks, for which the participants have to spend between 6 and 8 hours per week.
Who can apply?
The following groups can apply for the scholarship
- Students who have completed their studies no more than two years before graduation
- Bachelor and Master students and graduates
- For students from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Germany, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay, USA, Puerto Rico and Great Britain.
What does the funding entail?
The participation in two differentiated Digital Skills Online modules developed and taught using HIOP technology (High Impact Online Program). They have been developed in collaboration of the Banco Santander, the Instituto de Empresa Foundation & IE School of Human Sciences and Technology (IE). The modules take place exclusively online over a period of five weeks, for which participants have to spend between 6 and 8 hours per week.
What does the funding include?
- 100 Scholarships (50 English/50 Spanish) for Module 1 (HIOP): New Technologies for Innovation
=> the top 80 can participate in the next module
- 80 Scholarships (40 English/40 Spanish) for Module 2 (HIOP): Data Science and Visualization
=> 30 internships at the Santander Group for students with the best results in the two modules
- 1,000 additional scholarships for the online course (Mooc) "Intelligence Tools for Digital Age
=> they will be offered to the best candidates who have not received any of the 100 Santander IE Digital DNA places. Participants will receive an IE certificate;
Where and when can I apply?
The application is made via the scholarship platform of the Banco Santander.
- 29 July to 30 September 2019: Application phase via the Becas Santander platform (www.becas-santander.com)
- 1 to 18 October 2019: Selection of scholarship holders
- 21 October 2019: Notifying 100 selected scholars
- 6 November to 12 December 2019: Implementation of the first module
- 13 January to 20 February 2020: Implementation of the second module
Information about the program
Further information can be found on the project page https://www.becas-santander.com/de/program/santander-ie-digital-dna
Office hours in the advisory and counseling office of the International Office:
VWG Building, Room 0580
In physical presence and online
Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Our consulting and service office in the VWG is open again for you. However, you can still reach us in the online consultation (via Zoom).
Tel.: +49 421 218-60374
Email: auslandspraktikaprotect me ?!uni-bremenprotect me ?!.de
Reports from internships abroad
On our blog 'Praxisschock' you will find the final reports of interns. In this way, you can experience first-hand how the adventure of an internship abroad is going for your fellow students - and maybe you'll feel like throwing yourself into the adventure yourself!more