YUFE Mobility Award
Find out more
To apply you have to meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- Being a member of the YUFE network: Applicants must be affiliated with a YUFE institution, either as a doctoral candidate or as a researcher. The call is open to researchers on all career levels (R1-R4: PhD candidate to leading researcher).
- Invitation by host institution: Applicants need to find a host at a YUFE partner university (outgoing) /University of Bremen (incoming). Important: Applicants must have contacted the host institution with regard to the planned research stay and time frame before submitting their application, as a letter of invitation by the host group leader must be uploaded with the application.
1. Complete the online application form (see below) including:
- Your profile
- Your research project
- Information on the activities you plan during the visit
- The added value of your visit for home and host university
2. Prepare the following documents for uploading (PDF):
- CV + list of publications, if applicable
- Invitation letter from host institution
- Letter of support in which the home university confirms that the planned research project is endorsed
Please be aware: There are no deadlines, but it is important that all required documents must be complete and submitted at least 4 weeks before the official start of your visit.
The goal of the “YUFE Mobility Award” is to enable researchers to get to know the different YUFE universities and to initiate and strengthen research collaboration. Therefore, we are especially interested in:
- Your profile as a researcher
- Please describe your career stage and your research interest. We are also interested in the scientific and societal impact of your research (list of publications, presentations at international conferences, description of impact of your research). We highly value publications in open science journals or via green open access and engagement with society (communicating research to the public via blogs, media articles, projects with schools/citizens/stakeholders, forms of societal engagement).
- Your research project
- The planned project must be described clearly and must explain the need for the project to be undertaken at the specified YUFE institution. Applicants also must demonstrate the relevance of the proposed project for both receiving and sending institution including project’s potential impact and outcomes on the level of research discipline, involved institutions and community within YUFE, and on the applicant’s professional development level.
- We are also interested to what extent your research stay may contribute to new research collaborations/strengthen existing research collaborations between Bremen and at least one other YUFE university.
- We would like to have an overview of the activities you plan during your stay as detailed as possible. Please indicate the purpose of these activities as well.
1. Scope of funding
- Grantees visiting University of Bremen (Incoming) are eligible to receive reimbursement of accommodation costs for their stay in Bremen. Travel expenses to and from Bremen cannot be reimbursed.
- Grantees of the University of Bremen (Outgoing) will receive a refund of travel and accommodation expenses. In this case, travel and other statutory guidelines of the University of Bremen apply and the visit has to be accounted for as a business trip with Dezernat 3 (Reisekostenstelle). Note that you can only be reimbursed for costs that emerge directly from the research stay.
- In both cases (Incoming and Outgoing), the total monthly amount may not exceed 1500 Euro. Original receipts of accommodation and travel expenses must be submitted.
2. Funding conditions
- Grantees should submit a final report after completion of the research project. The document should include the state and progress of the research project. Please submit the report unrequested with a (confirmation) statement by the host institution.
- It is also expected that grantees agree with publishing a short story with a photo in the YUFE context.