Engineer as techn.-scientific employee (f/m/d) specialising in electromechanical design
Innovation Centre for Deep-Sea Environmental Monitoring
MARUM – Zentrum für Marine Umweltwissenschaften
Entgelt- / Besoldungsgruppe E 13 - Vollzeit
The MARUM – Centre for Marine Environmental Sciences at the University of Bremen is offering (under the condition of job release) the position the Innovation Centre for Deep-Sea Environmental Monitoring has an opening for a full time position as an
Engineer as techn.-scientific employee (f/m/d)
specialising in electromechanical design,
starting at the next possible date limited until 31.12.2025. Remuneration is in pay group 13 TV-L full-time.
The University of Bremen aims at the increase of the proportion of women in the technical field and therefore strongly encourages women to apply.
The job advertisement is aimed at motivated engineers (including career starters) with a strong interest in marine robotics for applications in marine research. The field of activity will be in the broad spectrum of the development of novel underwater systems for deep-sea observations (including vehicles, sensors, actuators, navigation, communication).
Field of activity
- Co-development and realisation of novel sensor, navigation, communication and underwater vehicle concepts for deep-sea observations.
- Responsible for the conception and implementation of (electro-)mechanical components of these concepts (design, procurement and manufacturing).
- Validation, maintenance and revision of electronic and mechanical components of existing underwater systems.
- Independent planning and supervision of system tests during underwater vehicle missions (at home and abroad).
- Participation in at-sea research experiments lasting several weeks.
- Above-average master’s degree in engineering with a focus on "mechatronics", "maritime technologies", "computer-based engineering" or comparable subject.
- Sound knowledge of measurement technology and microprocessor programming and independent working methods (testing, research, work planning, development and implementation) are required.
- Experience in independent conceptual development and realization of mechatronic systems.
- Good knowledge of the CAD design programme SOLID WORKS and PCB design software EAGLE or similar.
- Knowledge of English, both spoken and written (B2), mainly in technical English.
- Willingness to work in a team and aptitude to participate in expeditions at sea lasting several weeks.
- Experience of working in high-risk areas (suspended loads, fire protection, occupational safety).
The university is family-friendly, diverse and sees itself as an international university. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Severely disabled persons are given preference in the case of essentially equal professional and personal suitability.
For information on the project, please call +49 (0)421-218-65890 (Prof. Dr. Ralf Bachmayer).
Please send your application with the usual documents, quoting the reference number A340/22 by January 6th,2023 to:
Prof. Dr. Ralf Bachmayer
Marine Environmental Technologies/ Deep-Sea Engineering
MARUM - Centre for Marine Environmental Sciences
University of Bremen
Leobener Str. 8
or by e-mail to rbachmayerprotect me ?!marumprotect me ?!.de.